Read Message

Cheng: Deleting email folder on Sero

Hi there. I have some old email that I created a folder for them and no longer want the folder. I remember that we have to delete all the email inside the folder then the folder will automatically be deleted and I do so, but the folder is still there. I try moving the email from the trash back to the folder and delete it again, but no work. I also try pressing the delete key at the folder name, but it does not work. I wish there is a way for us to just delete the folder instead of having to delete everything in there because doing so will leave us an empty folder and we can't do anything with it.

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: Deleting email folder on Sero

Cheng: Your folder will not go away by itself. Delete the messages and then delete the folder. Only the junk folder will not show if it has no messages in it.

Date:

Cheng: Re: Deleting email folder on Sero

Richard, there is no way to delete the folder. I try pressing tab and it say "No other links or form fields". There are no email in the folder and pressing the delete key does not delete it too. By the way, I created this folder about 4 months ago and no longer needed.

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: Deleting email folder on Sero

Cheng: If you press ENTER on the folder after down-arrowing to it, the following will be in the tab order: Open Folder
Rename this folder
Delete This Folder. If you press ENTER on delete this folder, you will get a dialog asking you if you really want to delete it. If you answer yes to that, the folder will be gone. Remember that it has to be empty to be deleted.

Date:

Cheng: Re: Deleting email folder on Sero

Thanks Richard! I thought we can just delete the folder without going into it. Now I am able to get it deleted. Thanks a lot!

Date:

Vicki B: Re: Deleting email folder on Sero

Thanks so much! I have been having the same problem, and finally have been able to delete my old, empty folders. Hurray!

Date: