Read Message

Justin Coffin: Re: Unable to configure mail settings in modern outlook

How's it going?

I'm still not able to get the new outlook for windows to work correctly. I've looked at all the help files I could find, followed all the steps inside the help files, and still no luck. Outlook won't let me change the incoming settings at all once I add the account, but I can change the SMTP settings. The advanced setting in the accounts list is graded out, so I can't do anything but repair the SMTP settings or remove the account altogether. When the account is set up, I can receive messages, but can't send them. At this point, I'm not sure what to do. I know it's a while before Microsoft stops using outlook classic, and it would finally be faised out at some point but want to make the switch and get used to the new outlook before outlook classic is gone forever and we're forced to move to a new client if that makes sense?

Thanks.

Justin C.

Date:

Russell Solowoniuk: Re: Unable to configure mail settings in modern outlook

Hi,

What if you set up the Sero email account in the Classic Outlook and then switch to the New Outlook?

Best,

Russell

Date:

Shawn Bever (Pneuma Solutions Staff): Re: Unable to configure mail settings in modern outlook

Hi Russell,

Your suggestion won't solve any issues that anyone is hving getting Sero email to work in the new Outlook. If you can't get Sero email configured successfully in new Outlook, stay with Classic or use a different email client. If you do migrate to the new outlook, you'll likely find yourself having to manually configure Sero email, so nothing would be gained in the attempt.

Date: