Read Message
Snow Bunny: BrailleNote Evolve & Pneuma Solutions products
Hey, guys. I know that the Evolve is a Windows PC with a Braille keyboard & the Humanware Keysoft shell over Windows, which you can use or not as desired, also the ability to use a QWERTY keyboard if desired. I would therefore assume that all Pneuma products can be used with this device. Do you concur? Thanks. Beth
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: BrailleNote Evolve & Pneuma Solutions products
One more thing, please: The specialized NVDA screen reader comes on automatically, as the customer is requested to check in Settings. Suppose you want SA & Sero to come on first, can you do this in Sero on the Evolve, as you would on a PC without another screen reader, as is my case? Thanks. Beth
- Date:
Shawn Bever (Pneuma Solutions Staff): Re: BrailleNote Evolve & Pneuma Solutions products
It should work, as long as you disable the autostart for NVDA.
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: BrailleNote Evolve & Pneuma Solutions products
If I get the Evolve, one of my uses would be Sero, SA & Docuscan, after temporarily shutting down NVDA & Keysoft. Would I in this way be able to use the built-in Braille on the Evolve in Sero & the other above products, along with Sero speech? Also, if not using the Evolve but a mainstream PC with Sero & above products, which Braille displays are usable? The Sero "Help" lists these displays:
System Access supports the following Braille displays:
APH RefreshaBraille 18: USB and Bluetooth connectivity
Alva BC640/80: USB or Bluetooth connectivity
Braille Pen 12: Bluetooth connectivity
Handytech EasyBraille: USB and Bluetooth connectivity
Humanware Brailliant and Braille Connect: USB and Bluetooth connectivity
Seika 4: Bluetooth Connectivity
HIMS Braille Edge and Braille Sense notetakers: Bluetooth Connectivity
Tech marches on, so is this info still valid & would it include the Humanware BI X20 & 40, also the Braille Sense 7? Thanks. Beth
- Date:
Shawn Bever (Pneuma Solutions Staff): Re: BrailleNote Evolve & Pneuma Solutions products
newer braille displays that happen to be compatible with braille displays in the list you posted have the best chance of working. Some newer displays have the ability to emulate an older display by setting a mode, but I don't have more specific information about this.
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: BrailleNote Evolve & Pneuma Solutions products
Suppose I have an Evolve & I want to use it while driving with someone to read some of my E-mails & files. How can this be done, if it can be? Beth
- Date:
Richard Wells: Re: BrailleNote Evolve & Pneuma Solutions products
Like any other device, you would need a mobile hotspot or other cellular wireless access point connected to the Evolve.
- Date:
Sebby: Re: BrailleNote Evolve & Pneuma Solutions products
It's really too bad Humanware didn't decide to chuck a cell modem in when designing the spec for the Evolve. Seems like such an obvious missed opportunity..
Anyway, as to Sero, isn't that able to detect and use NVDA? Is there some reason you wouldn't just use the version of NVDA Humanware ships?
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: BrailleNote Evolve & Pneuma Solutions products
I don't see why you couldn't use the NVDA that shipped on the evolved with Sarah. I sometimes use it on my PC with Sarah if I'm in a really big hurry and don't want to wait for system access to load. That was supposed to say SERO. I'm dictating. Sorry.
I also don't see why you couldn't use system access with the evolve, since it's like any other Windows computer. You should be able to download it from Pneuma solutions. Just be sure your license allows it allows you to use it on more than one device if you have more than one device. Also, be sure that any devices that you're no longer using are cleared under management machines in Sero.
- Date:
Shawn Bever (Pneuma Solutions Staff): Re: BrailleNote Evolve & Pneuma Solutions products
Abbie is correct on all counts.
You can download the Sero installation package at https://pneumasolutions.com/sero
You'll want to click the link to download the Windows software.
- Date:
Tim Brann: Re: BrailleNote Evolve & Pneuma Solutions products
- Date:
Shawn Bever (Pneuma Solutions Staff): Re: BrailleNote Evolve & Pneuma Solutions products
The most likely ways to make that work would be to use Wifi tethering from your phone, which will use your cellular data plan to access the internet. There may also be Wifi or bluetooth connectivity options in the vehicle you'll be riding in. If your phone supports it, Wifi tethering is uausually found in a phone's Settings app.
- Date: