Read Message

Kevin Brown: Windows Update Fix?

Hi everyone.

My windows 10 computer is nonfunctional after the last windows update,...is there a fix for this,...or will I have to trash my winows PC?


Thanks,

Date:

Zoraida Morrison: Re: Windows Update Fix?

I am surprised you are still receiving updates for Windows 10. MicroSoft officially ended support for Windows 10 a while back. I think it would be best if you migrate to Windows 11.

Date:

Shawn Bever (Pneuma Solutions Staff): Re: Windows Update Fix?

I would agree with Zoraida on this.

Date:

Sebby: Re: Windows Update Fix?

Although moving to Windows 11 isn't a bad idea, it should be recognised that not everyone has a suitable computer that meets the requirements, and moreover Windows 10 is in fact still receiving updates through the ESU program for a second year. So, although it'd be good to know how exactly you got the update and how it's trashed the machine, it's perfectly plausible this isn't actually user error.

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: Windows Update Fix?

I have updated more than 100 Windows 10 computers already that Microsoft says cannot be updated to Windows 11. I can help Kevin if he chooses, if his computer will still start at all. If not, we still may get it done with sighted assistance.

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: Windows Update Fix?

Kevin: Could you tell me what state your computer is in now? I would love to help you recover if I have more information.

Date: