Read Message

bigmike

Psalm 73:2 (LSB) 2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled, My steps had almost slipped.
If we were to read these words apart from their contextual sentences and paragraphs, this may seem like a benign passage of text that carries little weight in the larger scheme of the word of God.
It is, however, if we view it in its fullness, a weighty testament to trusting God when everything we see and experience seems unfair and utterly lacking justice.
Its author, assumed to be Asaph, a Levite temple choir leader, penned the words that were in his heart after viewing the lives of the wealthy, the wicked, and the boastful.
The words in the verse above express his heartfelt confession that what he saw almost derailed his faith, stating, "my feet had almost stumbled, My steps had almost slipped".
The incessant display of evil had him on the verge of questioning God and doubting his own faith in Him.
He questioned why he had worked so diligently to keep his heart pure, questioning whether it was all futile in the end, until (in verse 17) he came to the sanctuary (the worship center) of God, where he began to understand God's perspective on the fate of the wicked.
And this caused a turning of his heart.
Are we also tired of seeing the wicked "flourish"?
Are we growing weary of what we perceive to be a lack of accountability and justice for the wicked?
Do we grow incensed as we witness their boastfulness and oppression of the common man?
As Asaph did, we must also understand that nothing escapes the eyes of God. No sin goes unpunished. No wicked person truly escapes justice.
We must not allow what we see to turn us away from God or question His ways.
We must not grow weary in doing good and living righteously.
For in the end, we will stand before God to be judged. And it is in His hands to weigh the deeds of the wicked.
Our responsibility is not to allow the ways of the wicked to corrupt our faith, but to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with our God.

Date:

Donna M: Re, Your Devotional Message

Dear Big Mike,

I remember people not being happy with me when I made the mistake of posting "Grace To You" messages here. You might want to make sure you know what forum you're in beforehand. Just a word to the wise from a faithful "Impact" reader.

Date:

Shawn Bever (Pneuma Solutions Staff): Re: Re, Your Devotional Message

Big mike, this isn't the correct forum for this type of post. Please post in a more appropriate forum next time.

Date:

bigmike: Re: Re, Your Devotional Message

Hey guys got your message? It’s not that I’m sorry I post it that I made a mistake. This post is for the Christians on impact and of course I know I shouldn’t post devotionals here. I’ve been doing this ever since 2008 when it was freedom box so that means I’ve been here longer than some people that post here. Take care. God bless peace.

Date:

lauropurcil1955: Re: Re, Your Devotional Message

Sir Mike, Please continue sharing God's Words and Wisdom. Many of us direly need those kinds of sharings!

Date:

lauropurcil1955: Re: Re, Your Devotional Message

Dear Sir Mike and Fellows,
I found the verses sent as very timely and helpful to my current situation.
Perhaps, that may be the reason why Sir Mike is inspired to share in this forum the verses he sent.

Date: