Read Message
pasco: manual filters in email
Is there any way to mark emails received as unwanted spam. I am receiving so much political mail it chokes my whole system. I can see how to mark an email marked as spam as legitimate, but I can't find a wayto mark an email as spam.
Thanks for any assistance.
- Date:
catstail97: Re: manual filters in email
Hi there,
Yes, there is a way, I believe, in the email message itself, to mark it as spam. If not, my other suggestion would be to try to select the emails you wish to mark as spam and tab around and see if you're given an option once the said emails are selected.
I'll play around with it a bit and see if I'm able to figure out more specific steps, and if I am, I'll circle back around and send a more detailed reply.
Take care, LG
- Date:
Shawn Bever (Pneuma Solutions Staff): Re: manual filters in email
There isn't a way to tag or mark messages as spam. You may want to try using the unsubscribe link in the messages you receive. If the messages are coming from legitimate sources they are required to remove you from their list. Read the web page carefully to make sure you make the correct choice; these unsubscribe portals are often designed to cause users to fail to opt out or actually opt into email subscriptions. You may want to check with an AI about the names asociated with the messages you're receiving, to make sure they are legitimate organizations. Illegitimate organizations or emails associated with them may provide unsubscribe links in their messages, but clicking them often causes more trouble because they often put your email on more lists rather than removing it.
The last resort is to change your email address.
- Date: