Read Message

Scott D: Dualing Services

Recently 2 congregations have had to close their door, and they have been using our facilities. Early on I thought that the plan was that they would have their service before us, but that isn't the case. Come this Sunday, we will have 2 services which both began at 1045, one a more contemporary style, and the other one traditional. We have been encouraged to check out the other service if we think we would be more comfortable there, or coming into ours for the music, and then slipping out to hear the sermon of the other Pastor. But maybe it's just me in the squeeky wheelchair, but I don't find the coming and going in between services such a wonderful concept. What do you think?

Date:

Connie Grace: Re: Dualing Services

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Donna M: Re: Dualing Services

That's a strange way of doing things, in my opinion. I think it makes more sense to have one service followed after a few minutes by the other one.

Date:

Abbie Taylor: Re: Dualing Services

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Scott D: Re: Dualing Services

Yes, we have a main sanctuary, and smaller chapel. We're in the sanctuary now.

Date:

Scott D: Re: Dualing Services

As far as the going to the one just to check it out, I meant to do it this morning, but forgot to mention it to a parental figure with all that was going on this morning. But there'll be more Sunday mornings to come.

Date:

Scott D: Re: Dualing Services

As if today it is my plan to put it out there for this Sunday that I want to go to the other service, but we'll see whether or not I remember to put it out there.

Date:

Connie Grace: Re: Dualing Services

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

gina a: Re: Dualing Services

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Scott D: Re: Dualing Services

I've been meaning to post this for a little while now. I have met the other Pastor, and he is very nice. He comes often to our mid-week lunches.

Date:

gina a: Re: Dualing Services

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Scott D: Re: Dualing Services

I love our Pastor! Yesterday mother and I went to the mid-week service, and I enjoyed the lunch meal! Some of our regulars weren't able to attend so he ended up sitting with us, and mother and I both had dental appointments so she warned him that we'd be leaving before or during his message, just so that he'd know that we weren't upset at anything, and when I made my comment about the screechy wheelchair he did offer to find me some W D 40!

Date:

Scott D: Re: Dualing Services

I could have put this on a new post, but I thought that it was appropriate enough over here! But during our service yesterday, we did not sing any of the patriotic songs. The holiday was never mentioned in any compact. I didn't even think about it until I heard a few other members talk about it. I knew that we'd done all that during last week's mid-week service, and that was fine with me. So I'll put these questions out there for discussion. Did you acknowlege the 250th annaversary of the founding of our Nation in any way yesterday in the church service, and did it mean anything to you whether you did or didn't?

Date:

Connie Grace: Re: Dualing Services

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: Dualing Services

Scott: We did not speak of the 250 years of America. Rather, we emphasized our independence from Sin that we have in Christ.

Date:

Abbie Taylor: Re: Dualing Services

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

gina a: Re: Dualing Services

Listen to this voice message.

Date: