Read Message
Snow Bunny: Relationships
- Date:
Marti B.: Re: Relationships
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: Relationships
Here is that site, the home page, there is lots there:
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: Relationships
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Relationships
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Relationships
Same here Abby.
When it comes to opening Doors.
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: Relationships
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Relationships
- Date:
Richard Wells: Re: Relationships
People who know the Gospel must understand the principle of Ransom.
(Matthew 20:28) Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
(Mark 10:45) For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
(1 Timothy 2:5-6)
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Every person in the world has been kidnapped by sin. (Romans 3:23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Sinless Jesus Christ paid the ransom! (1 John 4:10) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. That word "propitiation" means satisfaction. Holy God is satisfied with the ransom paid for our sins. (John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. The question is, do you believe?
- Date:
Donna M: Re: Relationships
I understand why you might not like the word "ransomed", but I would like to share another perspective. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, ransomed us from Satan with His death, burial and resurrection. I rejoice in the fact that He was willing to pay such a high price to redeem me, and "ransomed" seems to be the perfect word to use for what He did.
- Date:
gina a: Re: Relationships
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Relationships
Hello Beth, you've put a lot out there on the table for us to work through! But I'll start with the name Ransomed Heart. I'm alright with it also! I don't usually enjoy playing the samantics game. The name Ransomed Heart reminds me of a Southern Gospel group I will listen to from time to time named Paid In Full. I can remember a sermon from many years ago while I was growing up that our Pastor did on Easter Sunday about all which occurred during the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, and it was quite rancid, but I am thankful that my ransome is paid in full!
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: Relationships
Ha ha, you are so funny! Beth
- Date:
Donna M: Re: Relationships
As you know, I have been married to my husband, Cleve, for 37 years. He takes the role of protector very seriously, and I have learned to treasure that immensely. When we wwalk together, I'm the one who ends up holding doors open for both of us if they open on my right side, because my right hand is free to do so. Otherwise, he would open it from his side if it was a double door.
You may not like this, but Scripture refers to women as the weaker vessle. There are many reasons for this. We are not physically as sstrong as men, and we can be easily deceived into wrong thinking and sinful action, as Eve so dramatically demonstrated in Genesis.
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: Relationships
You really have agreed with my point: You are just as willing to open the door as he is, no problem. I have no doubt that, in a dangerous situation, if you could, you would protect him just as readily as he would you. The Wild at Heart team teaches that Adam just sat on his heinie, so to speak, as Eve gave in, neither of which was a good idea. Maybe women have more of a tendency toward being manipulated but everyone would agree that this doesn't always happen. One example is the excellent job women police do, I would say that they would not have been allowed to continue in this & other professions if they generally were not excellent, they make mistakes just like everyone else, look up the heartbreaking Kim Potter story as one example. Great discussion, guys, thanks. Beth
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Relationships
So true Donna.
- Date:
Richard Wells: Re: Relationships
Thanks for posting this Donna. I did not understand my role as protector when I was younger. Now I do and I treasure the privilege of opening doors for Lila whenever I can. This is one of many expressions of love I can show to her. Proverbs 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing , and obtaineth favor of the LORD.
- Date: