Read Message
Abbie Taylor: National hamburger month
- Date:
Donna M: Re: National hamburger month
Well, as you already know, I'm a plain Jane. I like American cheese and bacon on my hamburgers, and that's it! (smile)! My brothers used to sometimes sneak catsup on my meat because they thought the faces I made when I tasted it were funny. I have learned that I can put a bit of catsup on top of meatload before baking it, and it enhances the flavor without being too intrusive.
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: National hamburger month
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: National hamburger month
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: National hamburger month
- Date:
gina a: Re: National hamburger month
National burger month, huh? Now i’m hungry, smacking lips. I am with you abbie i like everything on my hamburger. My favorite kind of burger is char broiled. There used to be a restaurant called kid valley that had several locations and their char broiled burgers smelled sooo good! Talk to you all later.
- Date:
Marti B.: Re: National hamburger month
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: National hamburger month
Yum, we have great cheeseburgers at my senior facility. I have American on mine & that's it but I may try Swiss & Cheddar in times to come. Beth
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: National hamburger month
- Date:
gina a: Re: National hamburger month
- Date:
Scott D: Re: National hamburger month
Well I'm glad that I was able to get back over here before time run out! I apologize in advance, I'm going to be all over the road! But I love a good Mushroom Swiss burger when you can find it. Too, I don't mind if you want to put a pineapple ring on my burger, but the only place that I know that'll do that for you consistently is Margaritaville, and I don't get to one of those to often. Now finally, today was when my father and I go to a place called Walk On's for lunch, and today I got their ribbeye sliders, and while I did enjoy them I was not prepared for just how salty, or greasy they were. But my father explained that to me as being the fatty meat. Too, I thought that it didn't help any that there was just enough catsup on the bread to soften things up. Too, I decided to go with their sweet potato fries, and while they were alright, I think they'd been sitting in the pan for to long.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: National hamburger month
Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention, both my father and our waitress gave me the decision of whether I wanted the cheese burger sliders, or the ribbeye, and I went with the ribbeye because they were the only ones I remember reading about on their online menu. Maybe, if I can remember, I'll know better next time!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: National hamburger month
One more thing, and then maybe I'll shut up! I love the idea of a slider, and you can find a good one from time to time, but I am not a huge fan of the Crystal's burgers of any kind. This is going to make me sound like an old man, but I do remember a time while I was growing up that you could get something good at Crystal's.
- Date:
James Aldrich: Re: National hamburger month
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: National hamburger month
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: National hamburger month
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: National hamburger month
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: National hamburger month
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: National hamburger month
I did go down stairs this time, and managed to find railing''s to grab.
People were in the lobby whare the front doors are, which is a know know.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: National hamburger month
Connie and everyone else, happy Fourth, when you first bite into that corndog think of me! I haven't had one in quite some time, but I love them!
- Date:
Donna M: Re: National hamburger month
Connie, I'm so glad you were save during the tornado warnings, and that you were able to navigate without too much difficulty.
We had a fun July 4. Cleve and I were asked to ride on the float our church created to be in the parade that happens every year. It was the Freedom Train. Cleve and I stood on it and threw candy to kids as it drove slowly along on the bed of a truck. I was a bit nervous about that,especially when the road got bumpy, but I held on with one hand and threw candy with the other. I was told that I hit someone in the head with some of the candy, but I can't imagine it hurt very much, since it was small sized candy bars, Peanutbutter Cups, Etc.
When we were finished with that, we went home for a while, and then drove toa park where a picnic was in progress. We ended up joining a group of people who asked me to sing and play a guitar they had with them. I enjoyed that, but my fingers didn't like the fact that the guitar had steel strings, which made it difficult to play.
On July 5, I played my beloved 12 stringed guitar in a program celebrating America with speeches by various historical people interspersed with patriotic songs. Cleve read General Order Number 9. I was gratified to realize that all the practicing we did for the past several weeks paid off, and the congregation seemed to enjoy our presentation.
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: National hamburger month
Good for you Donna, would have loved to have herd your playing and singing.
- Date:
Richard Wells: Re: National hamburger month
Donna: Do tell! If your 12-string doesn't have steel strings, what kind does it have? They sure do not sound like nylon strings.
- Date:
Donna M: Re: National hamburger month
They are steel strings, but the fact that they are in pairs gives my fingers more space to apply pressure. Also, I use the lightest gauge possible, tune the guitar down a step, and then put the capo on the second fret. It's a bit fiddley to tune it every time, but well worth the relief for my hands.
- Date: