Read Message
Scott D: Today's Kentucky Derby
Hello and good morning! Is anyone else as excited about this afternoon's 2 minutes that will be occurring in Kentucky, and do you have your pick chosen for who you want to win? I don't remember whether or not I've already shared this with you, but today has been one of my favorites since I was a child.
When I was young I would spend the day with my Uncle's mother, and we'd keep the television on watching the races, or just having it on as background noise. And I don't know just how she was able to do it, but she always had enough Dairy Queen chicken strips to last us throughout the afternoon! I don't know why, but dad read me the names of the horses in the race, and the name Commandment stuck out for me, so that's who I'm going with!
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
Enjoy SScott.
I did watch it once, and was shocket wen it was over so soon.
- Date:
Richard Wells: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
I always go for Mister Ed if he is in the race.
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
I have never missed a Derby or the other 2 Triple Crown races & I'm not starting now! I love it but I so miss hearing the hooves as I used to in all horse races, they apparently don't have mikes nearby anymore. Sero has the movie called "Secretariat" &, at the end, they have the actual race & I have never heard such hooves as I do in that movie. Enjoy today! Beth
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
Beth, did your Horse Win, and did you have a different one than Richard had?
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
How do you feel about Eeyor? Oh, he won't be there!
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
I didn't know about the horse you mentioned, that is neat, I'll go for him for the top 3 but I am going for one with the word "tempo" in his name, maybe "Golden Tempo", for first. Beth
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
Well congratulations Beth that your horse won! That was amazing! But your right, I hadn't thought about it now while I was reading your remarks, but you don't hear to much noises from the paddocs and other surroundings.
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
Seri would tell you as well.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
I had a blast yesterday afternoon! First, about 50 minutes or thereabouts before the race dad came down and gave me a choice to make! Did I want a bottle of water, or cup of coffee to enjoy alonside of my cigar? This was a wonderful surprise because for the last few days we've been spending some time outdoors just as the sun is getting ready to go down, and I either would say to him, "This would be a great night for a cigar!," or he'd kiddingly tell me the same thing knowing that there wasn't one on property to be enjoyed. But we did go out for a while, but I knew what time the race was suposed to be run, and I began to get a little nervous. It was obvious because when I told him that I thought that we better call it good he told me that I still had plenty to enjoy. But once he figured out what I was thinking about we came on in. Too, the Atlanta Braves beat the Rockies last night in Colorado! I loved everything about yesterday!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
Good morning Abbie! No, Bill won't be frowning, or tearing up in Heaven! See, as if today I am in a dilema of sorts, my Braves are playing some games in Seattle, and while I couldn't name for you a single Mariners' player I hope they're still going to do alright this season. I just don't need them to show the Braves up to awfully.
- Date:
gina a: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
an i hope the mariners win, lol. cal ralleigh has been out three games with a right side issue. tonight will be his third game out. unfortunately for us teams that are supposed to be bad teams are beating us so tonight i hope the mariners can turn things around and beat the braves, rotflol.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
We'll see!
- Date:
gina a: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
Hello there Gina,
Yes, last night was crazy for me in several ways! I was listening to the game through my Alexa, and I had it on the Braves' feed, and right before the game their crew was talking about just what a beautiful night it was there in Seattle. But as the night grew longer for some reason I kept losing feed of the game, and it wasn't even storming here where I am!
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
The Tigers have fallen on hard times!
- Date:
gina a: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
- Date:
gina a: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
- Date:
James Aldrich: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
It is so cool that this Derby was the first ever won by a female trainer! I didn't think Golden Tempo would win but he came from behind. Beth
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
- Date:
Richard Wells: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
Here is my favorite horse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAbc5uQXJo
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Today's Kentucky Derby
Well I'm a little disappointed, but not all that surprised. But I just read where Golden Tempo is not going to be running the Preakness, but will be in the Belmont.
- Date:
Snow Bunny: https://www.loc.gov/item/today-in-history/may-17?loclrRe: Today's Kentucky Derby
https://www.loc.gov/item/today-in-history/may-17?loclr=eatod#the-first-derby-day
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: https://www.loc.gov/item/today-in-history/may-17?loclrRe: Today's Kentucky D
Well, I decided to reply to the Derby one. Napoleon Solo won the Preakness & I missed the Belmont today but Golden Tempo won again, yay! I'm glad they let him rest for the Preakness but, if he had run & won it, we would have had a triple crown, maybe next year. Beth
- Date:
Scott D: Re: https://www.loc.gov/item/today-in-history/may-17?loclrRe: Today's Kentucky D
Thank you for this update! I'd wanted to watch it, but we were out at dinner while it was on, and I forgot to check it out once we got back in our room. I was disappointed that they kept Golden Tempo out of the Preakness!
- Date: