Read Message
Abbie Taylor: H is for hotdog
Good morning. Here's a post that went live on my blog today. You can click on the link below to read it. What do you remember about hotdogs? Do you still eat them today?
https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com/2026/05/10/h-is-for-hot-dogs-sundaysunshine-gratitude-jottings/ Enjoy!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: H is for hotdog
This is timely! I was listening to the Braves' game last night, and they're playing the Dodgers. Some time around the bottom of the 6th the assistant guy that calls the game had snuck away to get what they call the Dodger Dog, and when he brought it back to continue they had a pretty lengthy discussion about what was on it, and what they both individually preferred on their hotdog! Usually this sort of thing would bore me, but they made it pretty entertaining!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: H is for hotdog
Abbie, I just went to the link and read it, it's great! Since I had a stroke as a little kid, I would prefer to only use one hand, but I have just enough use of my right hand to hold a good and messy hotdog together!
I will still eat them today, but I don't care for them nearly as much as I used to! I know this is a textural thing! I would love it if I could consistently get my hotdog well done as if it had been done on a camp fire!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: H is for hotdog
- Date:
Scott D: Re: H is for hotdog
Well Abbie, they didn't go into a whole lot of detail. but I got the feeling that it's probably a matter of just what you prefer!
- Date:
gina a: Re: H is for hotdog
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: company plus.
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: company plus.
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: company plus.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: company plus.
Well Connie and all, this reminded me that last week at our mid-week service our meal was great fried chicken, and mashed potatoes! I thoroughly enjoyed it, but some of our other friends went by Chick Filay and brought their grilled chicken and fries in to enjoy for themself! I knew better than to comment on it, but I found it a bit odd that they'd done that!
- Date:
Donna M: Re: company plus.
I love fried chicken! If I'm getting it from a restaurant, I like to go with Kentocky Fried Chicken. Their mashed potatoes and gravy are good as well.
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: company plus.
Agree Scott.
- Date:
Donna M: Re: H is for hotdog
As a kid, my favorite hot dogs had cheese inside them. I loved eating them plain, without a bun. Another thing I enjoy, but haven't had in a long time is brots with cheddar cheese inside them, especially if they're cooked on a grill.
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: H is for hotdog
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: H is for hotdog
Know.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: H is for hotdog
I thought that this was appropriate enough to post over here! But in the wee hours of this morning I woke up with a hankering for some steamed cabbage, and then remembered this post, and thought that I'd put it out there for discussion. Where is everyone on sauerkraut? While I'm not crazy about it, I don't mind it from time to time! Actually Abbie, I think that I'd be alright with my cabbage or sauerkraut in a bowl with the hotdog cut up on top like you were talking about.
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: H is for hotdog
Know thanks for sour kraut.
- Date:
Donna M: Re: H is for hotdog
I am in absolute agreement with you, Connie. I was forced to eat it as a kid, so I will not touch it now!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: H is for hotdog
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: H is for hotdog
I used to love sauerkraut on the side with a hot dog but then disliked kraut until recently. I had always asked for a reuben without kraut, which technically means it's not a reuben but I forgot to one time & I loved the kraut on a sandwich. It is not strong that way. Beth
- Date: