Read Message
Abbie Taylor: I is for ice cream
Good morning. We might have talked about ice cream before, but I thought you might enjoying you might enjoy reading my blog post on the subject.
Sorry for the mistake. I'm dictating on my iPhone.
https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com/2026/05/17/i-is-for-ice-cream-sundaysunshine-gratitude-jottings/
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: I is for ice cream
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: I is for ice cream
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: I is for ice cream
My dad made chocolate milkshakes using one of those huge, noisy blenders from years gone by. I usually hated anything loud, still do, but I tolerated the blender noise very well, lol! He & I used to go to Arty’s, a hot dog & ice cream shop & he would get me one of each. We all liked chocolate the best, I still do & we bought Breyers, pronounced “Briars”, lots, my dad loved pecan & also vanilla, chocolate & strawberry. I loved Schwan’s chocolate & our milkshakes at my senior facility are great too but I am not having them of late, since I gained weight when I did. They have ice cream cups too, so I may have some during the summer, which is the only time I have any kind of dessert that we are discussing. Beth
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: I is for ice cream
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: I is for ice cream
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: I is for ice cream
tHANKS aBBY.
wILL THANK ABOUT IT, IF i CAN TRY A SMALL AMOUNT.
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: I is for ice cream
Sorry about the bad spelling on the last message.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
As far as the noise is concerned I'm right there with you! When we moved into our house almost 20 years ago it came with a water/ice despenser, and you could choose whether or not you wanted cubed or crushed. But I don't think the despenser is working the way that it should be because now if they want to get ice they're opening the freezer and shaking it from a tray I believe.
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: I is for ice cream
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
That's another thing, you're right! It was a touch screen, so I would've never figured the thing out! I'm guessing that they just don't want to pay someone to come to fix it when we already can receive those resources.
- Date:
gina a: Re: I is for ice cream
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
Just this morning while I was getting ready I heard about an organic foods type place in the mid-west, I believe, that has put together an AAsparagus & Almond ice cream, and I don't remember whether or not it is the same company, but they were also discussing a crawl fish ice cream! I've always been pretty adventuresome when it comes to trying new things, but I think I'm going to let some one else have my share of both of these!
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: I is for ice cream
Yuck, me too! Beth
- Date:
Donna M: Re: I is for ice cream
I'm with you both, Scott and Beth! Absolutely--yuck!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
I understand, and appreciate, the concept of 31 flavors, but why mess with a good thing?
- Date:
Donna M: Re: I is for ice cream
Oh, wow! I can't believe I forgot about hot fudge! I used to get hot fudge sundaes at McDonalds when we would go there as a family, and later, when Cleve and I were dating. It's been a long time since I've had it. I may have to rectify that soon!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
Good ol' Rocky Road, Rocky Road Icecream!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
Connie, I agree with you! This afternoon when we got back home from church my lunch was a couple of slices of a Dijorno's meat lovers pizza that a church friend brought over to me while my mother took my father to the ER, and then my desert was a small bowl of chocolate icecream with a single Oreo on top, and I loved every mouthful of both!
- Date:
Donna M: Re: I is for ice cream
I love meat lovers' pizza, and I also enjoy the brand you mentioned. (I didn't look at how you spelled it, and I'm not even going to try to approximate how I think it should look! Being the plain Jane that I am, I like my pizza with cheese, Italian sausage, and pepperoni, and that's it! The last time we got a pizza was when our daughter and grandson came to visit. We got it from a local store that bakes them, and everyone accommodated me and my plain tastes because they really didn't mind not having vegetables on it. Sadly, our grandson didn't eat any, but kept wanting treats which our daughter wouldn't allow him to have. I agreed with her wholeheartedly.
Wow! I'm rambling! I'll close this now. Take care, and I hope you enjoyed your pizza!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
LOL Donna, as far as I'm concerned don't worry about spelling to much! I just took a guess at the name of the pizza brand, and there were 3 or 4 other words that I attempted before rolling back to my room to ask Alexa!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: I is for ice cream
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
Too, and it's been a while since I had either of these, but I like pineapple and Canadian bacon, I'm sure that I've known at some time, but I can never remember what Canadian bacon is suposed to be.
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: I is for ice cream
sCOTT iS your Father okay?
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
We don't know exactly what's going on! He'ss been ill eversense last Thursday while we were gone, but wouldn't go to the ER until we got back here! They're thinking right now that it's Vertigo. I'm worried about him. He spent some time outside this evening, and recently came back in got some apple sauce, and went upstairs to watch the U.S. soccer game which I found to be a bit strange. Thanks for asking!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: I is for ice cream
Well, here's hoping Doctor figure out what's going on and can treat it. You're in my thoughts, Scott.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
Thank you, thank you Abbie! Today's a new experience. We woke up, had our coffee and breakfast, and watched a cute movie during this time. But while the movie was still on my mother had to leave to meet with some of her lady friends, and so that left me here, and the two of us did finish the movie, but before I knew that I was going to have a problem with my computer he told me that he was headed upstairs. He did ask if I had everything I needed, and I had told him, "Yes."
- Date:
Donna M: Re: I is for ice cream
I love chocolate icecream, but Cleve likes vanilla best, so I have become satisfied with vanilla icecream with chocolate syrrup--lots and lots of chocolate syrrup! :)
We used to go to Dairy Queen, and my favorite thing to get was a peanut Buster bar. It's been a long time since we've been there, but I remember the wonderful taste of that delicious treat.
Another place we used to go was a little place called Cold Stone. They served icecream in cones of cups. The sizes were "like it", "love it", "gotta have it", with each name denoting a larger amount of icecream.
When I was young, and later when Cleve and I were dating, I sometimes got icecream from a place near my Grandmother's house called Copps. I believe it was soft serve, and I remember relishing it as a wonderful treat.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
Yesterday night, while I was posting about the Chinese cover band, and we'd eaten some really good Chinese takeout, it reminded me that while I was growing up that we'd go to a Chinese restaurant that served green tea icecream, and it was really good! But that's been a good 35 years ago or more! I don't recall ever having it anywhere else but this one place! Some may find it rather dull, but I was fine with it! Why mess with a good thing?
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
This is going to look strange, replying to myself, but I will try to stay more on topic this time! I tried to find it, and couldn't, find it specifically, but I thought that we'd talked about slushies at some point. But I thought it was interesting, while we were on our vacation I ended up creating my own slushy and it was not bad. My mother ended up pouring me some Dr. Pepper into a paper cup that had had some cran Raspberry juice in it earlier, and it reminded me that Dr. Pepper does have a new product that includes raspberry in it, and as things turned out when I mentioned my reused cup to my Aunt she told me that they had some with them, and brought one over for me! I like it!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
After I went to bed last night I let down the mental net, and did some fishing around! That's when I finally brought up, and separated the treasure from the trash, and remembered that the slushy conversation wasn't here on the forum, but some time during my vacation with a few of my relatives. But the icecream post made me remember it.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: I is for ice cream
I tried to find the exact post, but couldn't, but I asked my mother this morning, and she told me that the strawberry icecream that we have is Brayers, and the chocolate is Mayfield's, and I love both!
- Date: