Read Message

Abbie Taylor: Simple pleasures

Today's blog post is about Simple pleasures that helped me as a writer. But I think we all have simple pleasures, even if we're not Writers. Maybe it's your morning routine. Maybe it's the music you listen to. Maybe it's the food you eat. Why don't you read this blog post, then talk to us about your simple pleasures?

https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com/2026/05/18/simple-pleasures-mondaymusings-openbookbloghop-writingprompts/

Date:

Scott D: Re: Simple pleasures

Hello there! I think I've pretty much let you in on my main guilty pleasures, a cup of coffee in the morning and evening, listening to good music throughout the day, and most recently a good cigar from time to time! But today I'll confess to a new one! Two of my favorite movies are Kindergarden Cop, and the other one is Bringing Up Baby! I don't think either one did extremely well at the box office, but this doesn't surprise me! Most of the time while I was growing up if there was a movie that I wanted to go to my father would take a look at the reviews and tell me that it wasn't doing well! But then, and even now, I don't care to much about what others say on this sort of subject!

Date:

Connie Grace: Re: Simple pleasures

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Donna M: Re: Simple pleasures

I have a few simple pleasures. Obviously, singing and playing my guitar is at the top of the list. My music is part of my devotions, since I never sing anything but Christian music--mostly hymns. I also enjoy walking with Cleve when it's nice out. When I need to use my treadmill, I help the time go quicker by listening to a book. I enjoy reading Christian fiction best. Then, in the evenings, Cleve and I have certain television shows we like to watch. I love "Hitchcock Presents", and "Columbo", and we often watch things like that while he's working on his sermons. I always wonder how he can concentrate, but he has told me that he can't work well in silence; he needs something happening in the background. I don't think I could work that way, but that's one thing that makes us uniquely different from each other.

Date:

Connie Grace: Re: Simple pleasures

Listen to this voice message.

Date: