Read Message
Scott D: Chinese Cover Band
Right before I decided to write this I looked up the name of a band that I grew up listening to and found out that they were an English New Wave band whose Chinese name translates into "Yellow Bell." But that's not really what this is about! While we were having our coffee with the guys this morning I revealed that we'd be eating at an Asian cuisine place for my Birthday while we're on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. One of them mentioned a Chinese cover band doing the song Brown Eyed Girl which is extremely popular for any singer/musician on the Island. So now I can't get it out of my head! I never saw it, but I'm picturing a few crazy rich Asians coming to my table and taking requests of all sorts!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Chinese Cover Band
Wow, Scott, that sounds interesting. When's your birthday?
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Chinese Cover Band
Okay, I know the first song that I would request from this band, as this afternoon while watching a movie there was a Reggae version of John Denver's Country Roads.
- Date:
gina a: Re: Chinese Cover Band
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Chinese Cover Band
Same here Abby.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Chinese Cover Band
I just checked, and the movie is here on Sero! It's a Mark Wahlberg movie called The Family Plan! I enjoyed it, but just slept through most of it while my parents watched the sequal!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Chinese Cover Band
We've been doing a lot of celebrating for the last few days, getting ready for the trip! Last night my parents and I went over to some of our church friends house to celebrate a 70th Birthday. Then this morning we went to a bakery and enjoyed a wonderful caramel Birthday cake, and coffee along with most of our regular group and their wives, and while we were there another of our church members, plus one of my first school teachers came in, and spent some time with us! I don't know whether or not any of them will be making the trip for me to enjoy while we're there, but my cigar supply has been replenished!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Chinese Cover Band
Sounds fun, Scott. Have a nixe trip.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Chinese Cover Band
I'm looking forward to it! Dad and I went this morning for our haircuts, and on the way home stopped for our morning coffee and biscuits!
- Date: