Read Message

Abbie Taylor: School lunch memories

This video talks about school lunches served in the 1980s. But I remember some of these from when I went to school in the 1970s. How about you

https://youtu.be/WT4Pj5N7xVQ?si=AZgSD_YikyFpJT88

Date:

Snow Bunny: Re: School lunch memories

I very rarely ate in the cafeteria. I had a room in which were kept my Perkins & books & I spent my lunchtime in there, listening to the news & eating, one of the best parts of my day. My mom made ham, turkey or roast beef sandwiches for me, with a Hoho, Devil Dog, Dingdong or Hostess cupcake. Yum! I never could like tomato soup, by the way. Thanks for this video. Beth

Date:

Connie Grace: Re: School lunch memories

Don't remember about School Lunches.
When they had rice crispie treats though, we all tried to get more of them.

Date:

gina a: Re: School lunch memories

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Donna M: Re: School lunch memories

When I attended a private school, the cafeteria cook created an awesome dessert called "peanutbutter squares". To my young self, they were gigantic, and tasted like peanutbutter cups, but much richer. I used to eat lunch with a parcially sighted girl, (also named Donna), and I asked her every time we had them if I could have hers, since she never ate it. Her answer, (sadly), was always "no", because she would wrap the delicacy in her napkin and take it home for her grandfather to eat. I guess I can't fault her for family loyalty; but didn't friendship mean anything? (smile).

Date:

Connie Grace: Re: School lunch memories

The Peanut butter twist sound delicious.
But never heard of them.

Date: