Read Message

Scott D: Shade, Color

Okay, I don't, but I figure that the rest of you remember this! Last night the other family members that were here with us came over, and we ate pizza, and had a game night. I brought my braille Uno cards, and we played a few rounds. But on one of them my sister played a wild, and said something like, "I'm going to change it to my brother's favorite color." She paused & then said, "Green." I didn't correct her, but for the last several years I've considered orange my favorite color only because I love fruits and fruit flavored candies that are orange, or tangerine. I know it took me a little while to get here, but this is the question on the table. Do you have a favorite color, and do you have a shade that you prefer?

Date:

Scott D: Re: Shade, Color

I'm sorry, I didn't complete my thought. I didn't correct my sister because I thought about it for a moment, and I do think that while I was growing up that I claimed green as my favorite color.

Date:

Abbie Taylor: Re: Shade, Color

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Snow Bunny: Re: Shade, Color

Blue used to be my fave but I changed it. Beth

Date:

Donna M: Re: Shade, Color

I don't know about shades, but I decided when I was a child that my favorite color was blue. I believe it had to do with the fact that the sky is always blue when it's nice outside, and, even back then, I loved it when I could feel the sun's warmth all around me.

There was a point in my childhood when Mom used a label maker to put our names on plastic drinking glasses for some reason. I told her I wanted the blue glass, and I believed everyone when they told me that was the one I'd been given. Years later, my brother, Tony, the one I've always been closest to, told me that my name had been put on a different colored glass, but that he had told me it was blue since I would never know the difference. I don't remember how I reacted to his admission at the time, but it never affected our relationship.

Date:

Snow Bunny: Re: Shade, Color

My fave color is brown, it reminds me of soft leather, warm in the sunshine. I imagine colors using things I can hear or feel. Beth

Date:

Scott D: Re: Shade, Color

I understand, and like this! Not only orange, but when I eat something I try to taste whatever color I know the item is!

Date:

Scott D: Re: Shade, Color

Ha ha! What a wonderful world!

Date:

gina a: Re: Shade, Color

Listen to this voice message.

Date: