Read Message
Abbie Taylor: Al is for lasagna
Do you like lasagna? Even if you don't, I hope you enjoy today's blog post.
https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com/2026/06/07/l-is-for-lasagna-sundaysunshine-gratitude-jottings/
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Al is for lasagna
I've always enjoyed lasagna, and I have an Aunt whose made it from scratch eversense I can remember!
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: Al is for lasagna
Schwan's used to have terrific meat & veggie lasagna but I don't go for alfredo. Lean Cuisine's lasagna is great too. We have delicious lasagna at my senior facility but not often. Beth
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Al is for lasagna
Schwans still do, I think that is what they use on Sunday's when they do not cook.
It is also the one I sold at work back then. 29 years ago.
five more years and I will have ben retired as many years as I worked.
If I am still here that is.
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Al is for lasagna
- Date:
Marti B.: Re: Al is for lasagna
Lasagna, whether frozen or made from scratch, is always a favorite at our house. In days of eyesight, I always made it from scratch. Now it's easier to bake a frozen lasagna. It is just as tasty as the home made variety. there is a recipe for Mexican Lasagna. The dish used to show up at potluck dinners, although it has been many years since I had Mexican lasagna.
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Al is for lasagna
- Date:
gina a: Re: Al is for lasagna
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Al is for lasagna
- Date:
Marti B.: Re: Al is for lasagna
When Stofers family size lasagna is on sale at one of our local grocery stores, we buy two pans to stock in the freezer for company dinners or sometimes take it to church potlucks. A tossed green salad and french bread warmed with garlic butter are nice and easy sides for a dinner.
- Date:
Donna M: Re: Al is for lasagna
Yes, Abbie, I like lasagna. I have actually made it from scratch for my family, but it's been several years since I did that. I would have to search in the 3 recipe notebooks I have to refresh my memory before I make the attempt again. I do know that, whenever possible, I used ground Italian pork sausage and no boil lasagna noodles, cottage cheese, eggs, tomato sauce, and motzorella cheese. I recently heard about someone putting olives in lasagna. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes when I say they can keep their olives! To each their own, and I will never be putting them in my lasagna!
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: Al is for lasagna
I almost never like olives. Schwan closed I think almost a couple of years ago. Beth
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Al is for lasagna
- Date:
James Aldrich: Re: Al is for lasagna
- Date: