Read Message

Abbie Taylor: National typewriter Day

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

gina a: Re: National typewriter Day

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Snow Bunny: Re: National typewriter Day

I remember my early medical transcription days, we used a word processor called a Memory Writer, you could either type and save it to print it on paper after you finished the report or just type it straight. I don't remember ever inserting paper but there was a ribbon & I several times ran out of ribbon & someone passing my desk told me I needed to do reports over. Thank goodness for computers later! Beth

Date:

Abbie Taylor: Re: National typewriter Day

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Donna M: Re: National typewriter Day

I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of screen reading technology. It's second nature now, but when I started using it several years ago, I was fascinated by all I could do with it. I'm also discovering that I'm thankful not to have to use a typewriter because of the arthritis in my hands. I believe even an electric typewriter would require more pressure from my fingers than I would want to use for long periods of time. Even typing on my USB connected keyboard becomes difficult after long periods of time because my fingers become tired and stiff. I can't even imagine using a brailler anymore for that same reason.

Date:

Connie Grace: Re: National typewriter Day

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Donna M: Re: National typewriter Day

Dear Connie,

Thank you for your concern. I covet your prayers. My desire is that I be a good testimony as I deal with what God has allowed and orchestrated in my life. I am deeply thankful that I am still able to do the things I love to do, even though there is sometimes pain in the doing of them. It was good to be able to play my guitar this past Wednesday as the 4 of us that were present for Bible study sang together before Cleve preached his message.

All of this difficulty simply reminds me how wonderful Heaven will be, when all of us will have glorified bodies. You and I will know each other, and we'll be able to see each other and run to embrace in our Father's love. Take care, dear sister, and have a blessed day in Him.

Date:

Scott D: Re: National typewriter Day

I'm going to try to hit on a few things here! Yes, as a young child I did have a little experience with a typewriter, that's the only way that I knew what the computer keyboard layout was going to be. I loved my brailer! It's small, only 6 keys to deal with, and you can check things with your touch! I don't know how many of you remember this, but I grew up with a little gadget called something like a Braille & Speak. I loved it! It had the 6 keys of a brailler, punctuation mark keys, a dictionary, thesaurus, and about 10 different word games! I wish that they would've put out a brailer that speaks as you type. I'm not exactally sure why, but I'm still holding onto a brailer which hasn't worked properly in years. It eats the paper. We haven't done much to fix this because I do use the computer.

Date:

Abbie Taylor: Re: National typewriter Day

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

gina a: Re: National typewriter Day

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Scott D: Re: National typewriter Day

Thanks! No, I'm kind of ready to get rid of it! It just never really comes up for discussion.

Date:

Donna M: Re: National typewriter Day

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Abbie Taylor: Re: National typewriter Day

Listen to this voice message.

Date:

Donna M: Re: National typewriter Day

Thank you for the information, but I'm very happy with my laptop and my BrailleSense 6. I was completely surprised and overwhelmed when, after selling his sister's house after her death about 2 and a half years ago, my husband used what I considered to be an extravigant amount of money to purchase technology for me. My word processor of choice is Jarte. It's simple, and meets my needs adiquately. When I need to have things in Braille, I can create documents in my BrailleSense 6. With all the writing you do, I can see where something like that would come in handy, and I thank you again for the information. I hope the ordering process goes smoothly for you, and that you'll be able to obtain all the licenses you need. Happy writing!

Date:

Snow Bunny: Re: National typewriter Day

Jarte is great, like the good old DOS days! Beth

Date:

Abbie Taylor: Re: National typewriter Day

Or like Word 2003, which still had menus.

Date:

Connie Grace: Re: National typewriter Day

Listen to this voice message.

Date: