Read Message

Scott D: Two Oars

Well I thought that this was rather timely! We wrapped up a series of messages yesterday at church from the Book of James, and one of the main points, at least it stood out to me, was found in James 5:13, and I'm going to apologize here, I don't have a copy of the Word next to me, and I didn't commit it to memory. But it says something like- If anyone is suffering let them pray, and if anyone is cheerful then let them give praise. Now the pastor didn't give this illustration, but I almost immediately thought about the story of Jona in the Old Testament, and Peter being capsized from a ship and stuck on an island in the New Testament. And on our journey through life that if we want to remain on the vessel and steer it forward without to much commotion that we ought to keep a firm grasp of the two oars of the Christian faith. One being prayer, and the other praise!

Date:

Scott D: Re: Two Oars

Let me correct myself, and I think I've made this same mistake before, but the trip that I was attributing to Peter was actually Paul. I shouldn't put this out there, but I'm going to. I think that I had a Pastor some years who was talking about that event, and misspoke, and while he did correct himself, it etched itself into my brain as originally stated, and now I can't get it right unless I go and read it for myself.

Date:

Donna M: Re: Two Oars

Anything that keeps you reading the Bible for yourself is a GOOD thing!

Date: