Read Message

Scott D: Appropriate Time?

This past Thursday we had to say good bye to a longloved church member, and neighbor while I was a young child. It was quite sudden. They rolled me into the church with plenty of time before things were to begin, and right or wrong, I did what I often find myself doing if someone else doesn't have my attention, and started listening to my surroundings. I picked up on the familiar laughter of one of the staff members, and then just a few minutes later I noticed that a little one was crying softly. I had already asked myself when I heard the laughter of many whether or not it was appropriate. But then I thought about the verse in Ecclesiastes 3 that reads something like- There is a time to laugh, and a time to cry, a time to dance, and a time to mourn. I thought about the beautiful lady whose life we were there celebrating, and I thought to myself, "Ms. Kathy would not have had it any other way!"

Date:

Donna M: Re: Appropriate Time?

Yes, Scot, you are absolutely right. The woman went HOME, and is at perfect peace with her Savior. Celebrating her life here with laughter is right, and grieving the loss of a friend with tears is also appropriate, and can happen simultaniously, depending on the one experiencing it. If you are grieving her loss, I will pray for comfort and peace from your Father.

Date: