Read Message
Scott D: Be Pastorial
I love our Pastor! This week at our midweek meal & message he'd been a little under the weather already, and then when he got to church he was met with a surprise! I won't give you all the details, but he told himself while everything was happening, "Be Pastorial! Be Pastorial!" I immediately thought of both Psalm 23, and Where The Green Grass Grows by Tim Mcgraw. I'm sorry if I misspelled that last name. But anyway, I just heard the song, and it reminded me of the event and his message to both himself, and us. I think that when and if they up the hymnal that they ought to add Where The Green Grass Grows to it!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Be Pastorial
Well once again I've been wristling with myself about whether or not to post this here. But since Beth admitted to finding the humor in another one of my post I decided that I'd go ahead with it and give it a try! This morning as we were driving into the church parking lot and mother was opening her car door she said, "There's the Pastor!" I told her that I wanted to tell him something, and so she called him over! I told him just how much I appreciated his message from last week, and without missing a beat he said something like, "Well Scott, you know that I made all that up don't you?" Now, those that haven't been around him may have found that a bit unusual. But I know his sense of humor, and that's one of the many reasons that I love him like I do! It is good to be in the house of the _Lord!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Be Pastorial
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Be Pastorial
Good morning Abbie! Why not give it a good hardy laugh when given the opportunity What I'm about to tell you has almost nothing to do with this! But it does have to do with time! Yesterday while people were coming into the fellowship hall and getting settled one of the sweet ladies came over to me, and she just happened to put it out there that she wasn't going to turn her phone off. I assured her that that was fine! I recently received a new watch from one of our church, and coffee drinking friends, and I've noticed that it's a good bit louder than my other one was. I could have easily taken the few steps that it takes to turn it off, but I didn't want to take the steps. It did go off during the message, but no one at my table said anything, and no one came over to me afterwards!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Be Pastorial
I may have put this out there before, but I can't remember. They are still at our church, and he has been moved to some other capacity due to his health I believe, but the former choir director's wife has a very recognizable laugh that you can hear from down the hallway! I love it, it reminds me of one of my Aunt's!
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Be Pastorial
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Be Pastorial
Unfortunatally Connie, none of the watches I've ever had have had the vibration mode.
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Be Pastorial
Plus you would have to pare the App Watch le one with the Apple phone, making it several hundred's dollars, depending which one.
As you wouldn't need the latest one.
- Date: