Read Message
Scott D: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
Well this morning I was told that I had options of cinnamon rolls, and sausage for breakfast, and I could choose whether I wanted 1 or 2 of either. Mom and I are planning on getting out a bit later to go to Walmart, so I only had one of both. I'm glad that I did though because I was a bit surprised at just how small the cinnamon roll was! So, I did what some would call a stack and placed the sausage on top of the cinnamon roll. I did enjoy it, but now that I know the size of the items I will probably go with 2 of each!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
Hello there Abbie,
This sounds like a wonderful idea, and I may have an opportunity to do this in the morning! Now that I know the items that I'm working with I'll know to ask for the 2 rolls atleast!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
Well unfortunately my plan did not go through this morning as I planned. I was given the option of 1 or 2 sausages, but only offered one roll. But before I realized that I'd only be receiving the one roll, I said that I did want 2 sausages. So once again this morning I made the stack. I didn't say anything about it, but by the time it got to me everything had cooled down.
- Date:
gina a: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
Gina,
altho I am sitting here with a piece of caramel candy in my mouth, the thought of the cinnamon roll with the sausage in between it is making my mouth water!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Potato salad: was Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Potato salad: was Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
- Date:
Marti B.: Re: Potato salad: was Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
I confess! I have bought store made potato salad. Put it in a fancy pottery bowl adding sliced hard boiled and peeled eggs on top of the potato salad,creatively arranging the sliced eggs. Then top off the salad with a light sprinkle of paprika. Tell anyone who might be watching the process to remain quiet as guests enjoy homemade potato salad. HaHa!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Potato salad: was Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Potato salad: was Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Potato salad: was Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
- Date:
gina a: Re: Potato salad: was Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Potato salad: was Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
As long as we've wandered away from the main topic, I will follow! My mother had an outing today with some of her friends, so early this morning she went ahead and put a roast on. When she mentioned it earlier in the week I started to ask her what she was going to add to it, but this time kept my mouth shut. When she got back in this afternoon we had the first go round at it, and I was quite surprised at just how much I enjoyed mine! Some may have of considered it on the dry side, but the meat was chopped into small pieces, tender, and the only other thing in it were potatoes. They were peeled, and on the small side. Too, they were on the softer side of things!
- Date:
Connie Grace: Re: Potato salad: was Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
Sounds good Scott.
I couldn't have what the others had, so they gave me Salmond.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Potato salad: was Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
Now, that sounds good! I am pro salmon!
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
Sounds like a good plan! I'm not too much of a fan of either food but I do try different dishes. Beth
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
I'm right there with you Beth! You can decorate the delicacy all you want to, but if I'm only going to go at it with a spoon, fork, or knife, and I can't see it anyway, then it won't mean a whole lot to me!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
Abbie, I like the add on about the potato salad! How'd you do this?
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
I found it funny, when the 3 of us got back in today from our morning outings mother said that she'd be starting lunch soon, and I asked her if I could finish the shrimp, and that's what I ended up doing! But she'd also said that she was going to prepare another batch of French fries. We had some yesterday, but for some reason or another neither batch was what you'd call crispy. But anyway, I thought that it was sort of funny that with my shrimp she told me that I could either have potato chips, or potato salad! I said, "Mom, aren't we having French fries?" She said, "Oh yeah!" Now to be honest, I should have kept my mouth shut, and gone with the chips, but I didn't realize this at the time!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
You guys have almost given me a hankering for hash browns! Earlier tonight I did a search, and found what sounds like it'd make for a pretty tasty beef hash!
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
This morning I put my sausage ontop of the blueberry muffin, and it was wonderful! I'm ready for places like McDonalds, or Dunking Doughnuts to add to their menu something like a Hot Pocket, with the flavored pastry on the outside, and then give a few options for you to have inside!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
- Date:
Snow Bunny: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
Well, I do not go for hash browns. I love what I believe to be canned corned beef hash but our senior facility I think does it homemade, yuck! Beth
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
Oh yeah, you're right! I've definently had the ham & cheese, but I don't think of that as a breakfast item, altho I know that it could be. But my father reminded me that we do have some of the J D sausage biscuits, which is more of the sort of thing I'm thinking about!
- Date:
Abbie Taylor: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
Oh, yeah, the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches are pretty good. I alternate between the croisant and blueberry pancake varieties. If you can get them from Walmart, they're cheaper.
- Date:
Scott D: Re: Super Small Cinnamon Sausage Sandwich
Things were uneven, but this morning I went with 2 mini pumkin spice muffins, and put a sausage in between them! It was wonderful!
- Date: