Read Message
bigmike
DAILY DEVOTION
Keep the Door Closed
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?
1 Corinthians 6:19, NIV
We all face difficulties. Sickness, opposition, and betrayals may come, but they don’t have to stay. When they knock, you don’t have to answer the door. Don’t open it up and say, “I knew you’d show up. Come on in. Let me get you a cup of coffee.” No, you can say, “No, thanks. You’re not welcome here.” Don’t accept it. Don’t learn to live with it. Quit calling it “my sickness,” “my anxiety,” “my dysfunction,” “my addiction.” None of that is yours. None of it belongs to you. It’s on foreign territory. Your body is a temple of the Most High God. Sickness doesn’t belong in your temple. Depression doesn’t belong in your temple. Fear, addiction, and lack don’t belong there. Stand firm and keep that door closed. Yes, negative things may come. I’m not asking you to act as though they are not real. But you don’t have to accept them in your mind. Don’t let whatever it is become permanent, thinking it’s always going to be that way. See it as temporary. This too shall pass.
Prayer For Today
“Father, thank You that I belong to You, that I am a temple of the Most High God. Thank You that I can keep the door of my life shut to all the negatives that want to attach to me as though they belong to me. I am casting any anxiety and sickness away and calling on You for deliverance. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
___
- Date: