Read Message

bigmike

Matthew 6:31-32 (LSB) 31 Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 32 For all these things the Gentiles eagerly seek; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
There is something about learning godly contentment that goes far beyond what words can describe.
Jesus taught us in the verses above that we should not worry about what we will eat, or what we will wear.
And if you think about it, those are the things that people worry about most often; food and clothing.
We fret constantly about them. They are the things that are most important for our survival.
And yet, for all the times when we have fretted and worried, how many times have we been without?
As David said in Psalm 37:25, I was young, but now I am old.
I was once young. I am now no longer young.
And one thing that I can say with complete confidence is that God is faithful.
We have walked through some devastatingly difficult times in our lives, and we can proclaim truthfully and boldly that we have never gone without.
God has always supplied our needs.
And in that, we have learned to be content, whether we have had little or much.
He has taught us that treasure does not lie in earthly material possessions, but in trusting Him and valuing godly contentment over everything.
So, we say to you, “trust God’. Learn to be content. And stop worrying about what you will eat, drink, or wear.
Be content. Trust Him. And watch Him move on your behalf 🙏🏻

Date: