Read Message
bigmike
Psalm 18:2-3 (LSB) 2 Yahweh is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 3 I call upon Yahweh, who is worthy to be praised, And I am saved from my enemies.
Some days we just need to be reminded who God is and that He is faithful.
For me, today is one of those days.
I am wrestling with sadness, and even fighting back tears today, as I ponder some of the things that I see others going through.
Some of these burdens are heavy. But I know they are not mine to carry alone.
It is God who gives me strength to bear them and to pray.
He is my shield. And if you allow Him to, He will be your shield as well.
One thing I'd like to make you aware of in these verses is the word "rock".
That word is literally translated as "crag".
What is a crag?
It is a steep, rough, or rugged mass of rock that sticks out from the land around it. Crags are not easily scaled or conquered by those attempting to climb or overcome them.
And so it is with God. He cannot be overcome by adversaries.
Let us take refuge in Him, where we are safe from our enemies. And let us call upon Him and draw strength from Him as we face those adversaries.
For He is worthy to be praised.
Amen 🙏🏻
- Date: