Read Message
bigmike
THOUGHT OF THE DAY
Real faith is not receiving from God what you want; real faith is accepting from God what He gives.
___
DAILY DEVOTION
Run Until You Cross the Finish Line
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."
Hebrews 12:1
One of these days we’re going to cross the finish line. In fifty years, many of us will not be alive; even after twenty-five years a great number will be gone; and even next year, by God’s mercies, some will have already gone on. We will have come to the end of the line. We don’t know when that’s going to be.
You may be a teen, but you might be at the very end of your course. One of these days, I’m going to breathe my last breath, but I’m not going to stop running—God helping me—until I do. I don’t want to stroll over the finish line. I want to hit the finish line with a blaze of energy and power, going for the Lord Jesus Christ. You may say, “Well, you’ll be an old coot.” It makes no difference. “Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day” (2 Corinthians 4:16). That’s the reason you ought to be an athlete—no matter what your physical condition or your economic condition. You are in a race, and that race is not over until you bow your head like the Lord Jesus and say, “It is finished. It is done.” Don’t give up before you get there.
Take time in prayer today to renew your commitment to running the race God has set before you. Ask Him to empower you with the strength to endure to the end.
___
- Date: