Read Message
bigmike
John 1:12 (NKJV) 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
Today I want to focus on the words "received Him".
What does it mean for us to receive Him?
When I was a young child, I heard the gospel taught. It touched me right in my little heart, and I felt compelled to give my life to Jesus.
In that childlike heart of mine, I put my faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and my Savoir on that day.
I loved Jesus like I had known Him all my life.
I knew without a doubt He was real.
He came to save me, He was God’s son, and what He did for me on that cross was real!
Did I know how to walk with Him at that age? No. But I embraced Him.
Did I know exactly what to do at that age? No. But, I took the very first step by opening up my heart to Him!
The “know hows” came step by step as I grew in Him.
The most important thing I must fight for is to stay with Him and let Him direct me.
Be encouraged today.
We are all learning together as He directs our steps. And it is worth every moment of walking this out.
Don't give up on Him!
Psalm 119:133 (NKJV) 133 Direct my steps by Your word, And let no iniquity have dominion over me.
Amen.
- Date: